Pages

Wednesday 14 January 2015

How are your creative juices?

Let's get those creative juices flowing! How? Let’s explore creativity. It's refreshing and invigorating, just ask the kids! Their ideas, words of wisdom and hints to success all come together to create big and wonderfully creative ideas.

Children are so imaginative and free from judgement that their ideas are often so left field and daunting and that, lets face it, they are quite refreshing. If we just listened and invested some time and thought we would see that those simple small ideas often end up being the best. As teachers, listening enables us to be opened up to the imagination and creative thoughts that children hold.

I've found myself in this position. At first I may think 'Wow, hold on!’ This is followed by a voice in the back of my head (mine is my Mum’s!) saying 'let it go', and when I do I see that these suggestions were amazing. It improves, enhances and makes something that is often tedious both fun and interesting, all thanks to creativity.

I got this idea from a University assignment I did, based upon Sir Ken Robinsons “Theory of creative thought”. It's a fantastic TEDtalk that will open your mind to creative thinking. Through this research I discovered a clip, and although it has minimal words, it speaks volumes. It opened both my imagination and my thinking. It's simple and reminded me to K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid!), meaning be creative, get creative and think creatively!

But for now enjoy watching,
Class dismissed!



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_hGQuTjI3U


Sir Ken Robinson's quote that resonates with me:
“My contention is that creativity now is as important in education as literacy, and we should treat it with the same status.” Watch his full talk here,

http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity#

No comments:

Post a Comment